Not all covers are created equal…….
At O.C.A. (Outboard Covers & Accessories) we know for a fact we make the best covers in the World and use the absolute best materials in our construction. While others claim they are the “Original” or the “Best” we believe you should question these claims. Below are some of the questions you may need to ask or consider when covering over your expensive outboard motor…..
- Are the covers approved by your motor manufacturer? OCA is proud to say YES to this, we have contracts with all the main motor manufactures in various parts of the World. This means we use genuine branding and have had our products tested by the people who make the motors and you can buy with total confidence.
*To order branded covers please contact your local authorised marine dealership.
- Model range. OCA have over 900 motor patterns going back to the 1970’s so can cover pretty much any motor on the market.
- Does the fabric breath? By this we mean that some fabrics can sweat because they either have a lining that does not allow breathabilty or the fabric is manufactured from plastic. Vinyl is a great example of this. It will damage your motor.
- Are buckles or clips used in the construction? Some covers in the market place use these to secure the cover to the motor. These can cause damage to the motor paintwork and will also fail in time due to UV degradation. OCA covers are designed to fit perfectly and do not need any other clips or straps to hold them on, we do provide a Velcro ‘blow off’ strap for peace of mind but these are not required to secure the cover.
- What warranty is offered on the fabric? At OCA we are happy to offer 2 years warranty on fading on the existing Polysoft® fabrics offered and we are pleased to offer 4 years on our new Polysoft® P2 fabric. The only simple exception is you must follow our “Cleaning & Fitting Instructions”.
- Motor Cooling. It is a myth that the venting in the motor cowling allows the motor to be cooled. The vents allow air to be drawn into the motor for combustion purposes. All outboards (with the exception of one small Honda) are water cooled, this is drawn up the leg via a pickup in the lower section. OCA use a mesh that allows just the right amount of airflow which has been fully tested by the motor manufacturers.
- Do Splash® vented cowling covers, cover over the trim switch? Again, at OCA we don’t do this and we so need for a cover generally to go down to far and then interfere with the water tell tail, exhaust ports or trim switch. Our cover goal is to protect the highly polished easily damaged fiberglass cowling not the cables etc.
- Fabric Colors. OCA offer 10 popular colors that are in stock at all times. We also offer 2 tone options as well as a number of useful optional extras – we only make outboard covers and so concentrate all our energies on making the best.
- Ordering. OCA has invested heavily in allowing customers to order with ease. With such a huge range of motor options the OCA interactive order pages ensure you get the correct cover for your motor and can customise it with ease. We offer digital printing on all our covers (except camo) as well as many optional extras – nobody else does this.