At O.C.A. (Outboard Covers & Accessories) we know for a fact we make the best covers in the World and use the absolute best materials in our construction. While others claim they are the “Original” or the “Best” we believe you should question these claims. Below are some of the questions you may need to ask or consider when covering over your expensive outboard motor…..
- Are the covers approved by your motor manufacturer? OCA is proud to say YES to this, we have contracts with all the main motor manufactures in various parts of the World. This means we use genuine branding and have had our products tested by the people who make the motors and you can buy with total confidence.
- Model range. OCA have over 900 motor patterns going back to the 1970’s so can cover pretty much any motor on the market.
- Does the fabric breath? By this we mean that some fabrics can sweat because they either have a lining that does not allow breathabilty or the fabric is manufactured from plastic. Vinyl is a great example of this. It will damage your motor.
- Are buckles or clips used in the construction? Some covers in the market place use these to secure the cover to the motor. These can cause damage to the motor paintwork and will also fail in time due to UV degradation (see testimonial below). OCA covers are designed to fit perfectly and do not need any other clips or straps to hold them on, we do provide a Velcro ‘blow off’ strap for peace of mind but these are not required to secure the cover.
- What warranty is offered on the fabric? At OCA we are happy to offer 2 years warranty on fading on the existing Polysoft® fabrics offered and we are pleased to offer 4 years on our new Polysoft® P2 fabric. The only simple exception is you must follow our “Cleaning & Fitting Instructions”.
- Motor Cooling. It is a myth that the venting in the motor cowling allows the motor to be cooled. The vents allow air to be drawn into the motor for combustion purposes. All outboards (with the exception of one small Honda) are water cooled, this is drawn up the leg via a pickup in the lower section. OCA use a mesh that allows just the right amount of airflow which has been fully tested by the motor manufacturers.
- Do Splash® vented cowling covers, cover over the trim switch? Again, at OCA we don’t see the need do this so we don’t! Generally we see no need to go down to far and then interfere with the water tell tail, exhaust ports or trim switch. Our cover goal is to protect the highly polished easily damaged fiberglass cowling not the cables etc.
- Fabric Colors. OCA offer 10 popular colors that are in stock at all times. We also offer 2 tone options as well as a number of useful optional extras – we only make outboard covers and so concentrate all our energies on making the best.
- Ordering. OCA has invested heavily in allowing customers to order with ease. With such a huge range of motor options the OCA interactive order pages ensure you get the correct cover for your motor and can customize it with ease. We offer digital printing on all our covers (except camo) as well as many optional extras – nobody else does this.
- We don’t just sell Splash® vented covers, we offer a full range of outboard covers from Mooring covers, Full covers, Carry bags, Heated covers and even Tiller arm covers……we specilize – “what more could you want”?
I want to share some photos of the Outboard Covers of America “Splash Cover” I got for my 200 Mercury ProXS a few weeks back. I wanted to have it on the motor for a while before posting a review. I’m not one to show off my material things. But, I had a hard time finding photos of this brand on bass boats so hopefully this will help someone down the road when they are shopping for a motor cover.
These things are expensive, more expensive than some of the more well-known brands like Tuff Skinz. However, I can also tell you that the OCA cover fits tighter, looks better, and is not likely to leave any rub marks like the Tuff Skinz will (my motor already has some rub rash from the previous owner who had a Tuff Skinz on it).
The cover itself is very snug, to the point that it is difficult to install by yourself, and the elastic band at the bottom of the cover hugs the bottom of the motor cowling in a way that it does not ride-up over time. An added benefit to this grip point is that it does not cover up the trim button on the side of the engine. There is a small Velcro strap at the front of the cover that is little more than a comfort thing; It fits so snugly that I don’t think it is even necessary.
I paid extra for the Mercury decals because I think the boat looks better with them. That’s just me; I paid a lot of money for this boat and I’m not going to put something on it that I don’t like looking at. Unfortunately, these decals are not readily available so message me for details if that’s something you would want. I am not a representative or affiliated with OCA in any way, but I can get you in touch with someone who is if you want those decals.
In summary, the OCA is a very high quality product. It is expensive, but I do believe it is a better product than its less expensive competition. And, I did get blown into a gnarly tree while landing a fish about a week after I got it that would have certainly chewed up the side of my bare cowling; I just dusted off the wood chips from the cover and it looks like nothing ever happened.Extreme Angler - Texas Fishing Forum
As of Jan 2016 OCA have invested in automated fabric cutting machines (CNC) and have purchased x2 large format printers so we have reduced our pricing to be very competitive. If you compare our total price (tax/shipping/printing etc.) with an comparable product offered by anyone else you will find we are *cheaper!
*excludes special promo’s and trade quanities
– PRICE GUARANTEE –
Find a comparable vented cover including price, tax & shipping in USA or Canada lower than ours & we will beat it by $10.00.
*Must be vented cover available to order online with same or close to fabric & warranty. Simply e-mail us, use the ‘INFO’ then ‘contact us’ menu to initiate e-mail where we will give you our e-mail address so you can send us the details or a screen shot of where you see this showing the total price & once you place an order with us for the same cover type we will discount it by $10 off your order
Full price list
Secure quote pages
Secure order pages